Alliance Safety Council’s fundamental values focus on the betterment and well-being of our members and employees. As such, we are working diligently to ensure our members, visitors and employees are as safe as possible during this time. Simple safety measures can save lives, and we stand ready to emulate that in our facilities. For us, this has included the following:
- Motion-censored hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our facilities.
- Wearing a face covering or mask while inside our facilities, per the mandate by Gov. Edwards. We encourage students to bring a face covering or mask that is most comfortable for them. However, in the event that a student does not have a mask, Alliance will provide them with one.
- Positioning laptops and computers throughout our facilities to ensure social distancing is possible.
- Extending our business to allow for more space between students during training. We’ve also added a second Basic Orientation Plus (BOP) training opportunity, occurring daily at 2pm at our Baton Rouge facility. The standard daily time for BOP training in Baton Rouge is 7:30am. Please note: Alliance’s current hours of operation, by location, are as follows: Baton Rouge Doors open: 6:30am Last check-in: 5:00pm Doors close: 7:00pm (Open the 2nd Saturday of the month, 6:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. with last check-in at 11:15 a.m.) Gonzales Doors open: 6:30am Last check-in: 4:30pm Doors close: 7:00pm (Open the 3rd Saturday of each month, 6:30am to 1:30pm with last check-in at 11:15am) Walker Doors open: 7:00am Last check-in: 2:00pm Doors close: 4:00pm (Open the 1st Saturday of each month, 7:00am to 1:30pm with last check-in at 11:15am) Addis Doors open: 7:00am Last check-in: 2:00pm Doors close: 4:00pm (Open the 4th Saturday of each month, 7:00am to 1:30pm with last check-in at 11:15am)
- Posting informational flyers in multiple languages that highlight the importance of good hygiene and frequent hand washing to help prevent the potential spread of any virus.
- Displaying best practices and COVID-19 resource links around the clock on the lobby TVs at each of our facilities. All team members – particularly our member-facing employees – have been advised to be extra vigilant with their own hygiene and when cleaning all computers and equipment.
- Additional supplies of antimicrobial soap and towels to ensure we don’t deplete our resources. Antiseptic wipes, boxed pencils and individually wrapped coffee stirrers have been received and are being utilized. Pencils utilized in our classrooms are discarded after every class, rather than reused. A fresh supply of pencils is supplied for each class. We have also added protective coverings to the keyboards located in our training labs.
The Alliance team is continuously monitoring developments and following guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), OSHA and other trusted sources. We will inform our members as circumstances or recommendations change. Rest assured, we’re doing everything in our power to provide a safe experience for our members today and every day.